Friday 15 January 2016

Alan Rickman


"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas."


Truly Madly Deeply, is how much I will miss Alan Rickman. All the films he has been in.  I know he has become  known for his role in Harry Potter, but (Shock Horror) I haven't  seen any of them yet.  Not actually sat down to watch them purposely for my own enjoyment that is. When  there is so much coverage of  films it actually puts me off watching them I dare say I will get there eventually.  Rick like David has been battling cancer privately and was also 69 when he died. 
 He has such a mesmerising voice, I can totally see why he became a  Shakespearean actor, fortunately for us he moved into television and films, I loved the deliciously over the top Sheriff of  Nottingham in Robin Hood, and as Hans Kruber in Die Hard. I love Jane Austin so to have him in Sense and Sensibility was to me perfect.
He has been in so many films  and is just wonderful to watch, he also did  voice over  work, and as his voice is so distinctive, that crooked little smile, and that wonderful personality  shines through, you always know it's him. Goodbye Alan Rest In Peacexxx


No comments:

Post a Comment