Thursday 16 August 2012

Adverts

Are you like me and have certain words or phrases, that you have to say in a particular way, or prefix a word with another.  If I use the name Kimberley I have to say it in a flat northern tone like Victoria Wood's character.  I have my old lady voice for 'Lov-lay' and  'Ghaaastly' and my Hattie Jacques voice to vent my disapproval.  Often if it is raining I will fall into Derek Guyler and say 'I wish I'd brought my brolly'.  it is from a 1960's public information film on pelican crossings. After 30 years and no matter how many times I have explained it to him, Kevin  doesn't remember seeing it.  It was in  two parts one for the pedestrian  a man with his granddaughter, and one as a motorist, a man with his wife. Great adverts now on you tube, Kevin remembers Joe and Petunia, but not the pelican crossing adverts, here  are the links so enjoy.






'Eeh Eck! Don't make them like that anymore'

No comments:

Post a Comment