Wednesday 26 December 2012

Merry Christmas

Well it's Christmas time again and I am sitting having a break from the festivities.  I do love Christmas the dark nights of winter, the snuggling down with the fire on,  while the wind is howling and the rain is pouring down, everyone doing their shopping and getting ready for Christmas, buying presents, and putting up the decorations.  I enjoy walking the streets and looking at the house decorations, seeing what goodies the shops have, then once it's all wrapped watching the the room transform itself, from a tired dull living room to a cosy bright and decorated Santa's Grotto.  People around you in Town, although you get some who moan and groan, on the whole they are happier and more likely to  talk to you, and even the 'Bah Humbugs' will stop and talk to you as well.
I work over Christmas normally, and that is always fun, but it also means that when I get home everything is ready for me.  Even though my children are older now they still like to spend Christmas at home, it also means that they have the dinner cooked, mulled wine on the hob, and all I have to do is sit down and but my feet up, eat, drink, and be merry, and open all my pressies of course.
We had a new little tea shop open up in High Street South, called Drift In, if you want proper coffee served in a cafetiere,  and tea in a tea pot, then this is the place for you.  Kev and I have been in several times and I think it will be come a popular haunt for us,  as if you visit me regularly you will know how I feel about coffee machines.  The Round Table float will be around as usual in the evenings, although it may be the last, due to lack of volunteers, this would be a shame if it is.  The big Jolly Chap, is the display in Oxfam's window this year in High Street North. 


























Merry Christmas Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment