Monday 12 March 2012

Quiz Shows

One of life's little conundrums for me, is that much as I like watching quiz shows, I do find it annoying when that is all I can find to watch on TV.  I am currently watching perfection and have just watched pointless, which I find wonderful, although it is funny watching actors or comedians starting out on quiz shows, how wooden they are and poor old Alexander Armstrong was no different although several years on, he is much more relaxed than he was when he began and I do enjoy his banter with his pointless friend Richard.  Roy Walker, on comedians excellent, and I loved the early catch phrase but some of the later episodes he seemed more critical of the contestants and his jokes a little forced, I sometimes feel when I watch them that he had become to resent the monster he had created, but you never know.  My lovely Jim, (Super, Smashing Great,) Bowen who has to be my favourite, on bull's eye I thought oh no! what a wonderful idea for a show especially as I  loved darts, but I did wonder if it would survive it's first year.  Well it did, raising a lot of money for small local charities and giving a lot of recognition to a beer swilling, working man's sport.  Ted Rogers, although I never could solve the riddles in 321, I never missed it.  Now on challenge TV you can watch all these old programmes and enjoy these unlikely game show hero's who learned their trade in working men's clubs, doing their stand up.  What I also enjoy doing is googling the old stars, that appeared, even the old dart players.  So where is Bob Monkhouse, Andrew O'Connor, and Lionel Blair, in the current line, up they would fit right in.
Well as there is nothing else, I am going to watch big break on challenge, how sad is that.  With that nice Jim Davidson, and the ever lovely John Virgo who still looks good at 66.


No comments:

Post a Comment